Sunday, March 15, 2009

Banana Cornbread with Jalapenos

I went out on a limb with this one and I would say it was well worth the risk.  Erin was a little skeptical but claimed it a success upon tasting. I would for sure make this again.


  

3/4 c cornmeal

3/4 c spelt flour

1 t baking powder

1/2 t baking soda

1/4 t salt

1 banana, mashed

1/4 -1/2 c milk (cow's, soy, rice, oat, almond...)

1-2 T honey

1 T oil

1/2 t apple cider vinegar

1 c corn

1 jalapeno, diced


  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • In a small bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  • In a large bowl, mix together banana, milk, honey, oil and vinegar.
  • Stir in corn and jalapeno.
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I love banana bread, I love corn bread, like the heat of jalapeno.... maybe I'll give this one a try, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete