Saturday, March 7, 2009

Picnic Party Potato Salad

One beautiful, sunny (not to mention cool and windy) Thursday morning, my friend Carmen called and invited me to go hiking at Hanging Rock. I had just gotten a bunch of potatoes from a friend so I whipped together this recipe. It was quite yummy, but I think it would be more appropriate for a warm, sunny day.


4-5 medium potatoes, chopped into large cubes
1/4 red onion, diced
5-6 radishes, quartered and sliced
1 large carrot, chopped
1/4 c cilantro
1/2 c green peas
2 T capers
2 eggs, hard boiled and chopped

Dressing:
1/2 c yogurt
2-3 T dijon mustard
2-3 T apple cider vinegar
1 t honey
salt and pepper

  • In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, onion, radishes, carrot, cilantro, peas, capers and eggs.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. 
  • Pour dressing over salad and chill. 


1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this. I have been looking for a good potato salad recipe.
    You are a food genius.

    ReplyDelete