Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Roasted Veggies

I was going to Lynn and Dave's to watch Rock of Love Tour Bus (what? it's a good show) and was pretty excited about the concoction I had created. Basically, what I did was chop all of the vegetables I had in the house and roast them together. I love eggplant and I love beets, together they are no less lovable. I decided to transport the veggies in my previously beloved bake and take. On my way into their house the top broke on my bake and take and the majority of the meal ended up in Lynn and Dave's front yard. We each ended up having about a tablespoon of the roasted veggies  each. I thoroughly enjoyed my tablespoon.


1 medium eggplant, cubed

1 red pepper, chopped

1-2 sweet potatoes, cubed

1-2 beets, cubed

1 large onion, chopped

6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped or whole

4 T olive oil, or enough to lightly coat veggies

1 t thyme

salt and pepper to taste


  • Preheat oven to 425.
  • Salt eggplant and let sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
  • Toss all veggies together with oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
  • Spread evenly on cookie sheet or in 9 x 13 baking dish.
  • Bake for 40-50 minutes. Stir half way though, if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment