Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ginger Hummus

I am pretty pleased with myself on this one. Erin's obsession with the lemon-ginger-tahini sauce got me to thinking... "what would happen if I turned that into hummus?" I think it's delicious, but don't take my word. Find out for yourself and let me know what you think because I've been in a weird food mood today. I also made banana cornbread with jalapenos. I'm not sure how that one turned out yet. 



1 onion, chopped

2-3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 can chickpeas 

2 T tahini

2 T braggs

juice from 1 lemon

1 t garlic chili paste

1 T fresh ginger root, grated

salt and pepper to taste


  • Saute onion and garlic until soft.
  • In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients.
  • Blend until smooth, creamy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment