Sunday, March 8, 2009

Veggie Quiche with Potato Crust

I'm not gonna lie... I love potatoes. I really like this dish not only because it includes one of the most divine vegetable ever created, but because it isn't a heavy quiche with lots of cream. Delicious and nutritious... two of my favorite qualities in a meal. 

Crust:
4 small-medium potatoes, grated
1 small onion, chopped small
1 egg
1/4 c flour (I'm into spelt right now)
1/8-1/4 c parmesan, shredded
salt and pepper
pinch of cayenne

Filling:
3 eggs
1/4 c cottage cheese
1 c broccoli, chopped
1/2 c spinach, chopped
1 portobello, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t thyme
salt, or season salt
pepper
1/4 c parmesan, shredded

  • Preheat oven to 400.
  • Mix crust ingredients together and press into an oiled pie pan.  Bake crust for 20 min.
  • Reduce oven heat to 350.
  • Mix all the filling ingredients, except for cheese and pour into pie crust.
  • Bake for 30 min then top with cheese.
  • Bake another 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and egg is set.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for my brother and his family. My sister in law loved it and so did my 5 year old niece!

    ReplyDelete