Saturday, March 7, 2009

VeggieBalls!

My co worker, Kevin, gave me this recipe (I slightly modified) ages ago. It took me about a year to actually make these, only because I had no idea that they would be the most delicious balls in the universe. Do not wait a year to make these balls, do not wait a day. They totally rule and you will be lavished with praise if you bring them to any get together. 


1 can lima beans, drained and mashed
1/2 onion, diced small
1/2 c parmasan cheese 
1-2 T cumin
2 t srirocha chili sauce
1 carrot, shredded
1/4 c parsley or cilantro, chopped 
1 egg, beaten
1/4 - 1/2 c bread crumbs
salt, to taste

1/4 c bread crumbs
1/4 c nutritional yeast
cayenne
garlic powder

  • Preheat oven to 400.
  • In a large bowl, mix together all but the last 4 ingredients.
  • In a shallow bowl, mix the last 4 ingredients.
  • Form the veggie mix into balls and roll in bread crumb mix.
  • Bake for 20-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment